University of Surrey, Clinical Informatics Research Group is looking for a Research Fellow.
The Research Fellow is expected to:
- Work with the team to improve our technical processes and our database environment.
- Manage the migration, with colleagues to a new server environment.
- Contribute to the design of research projects and drafting of research proposals
- Collect computer, audio and video data using appropriate tools and data extraction software
- Lead role in data processing and data analysis using appropriate analytical packages
- Contribute to the writing up of results, and preparing the project report and papers for submission to academic journals.
- Support research activities for undergraduate and post-graduate courses in the faculty as appropriate
You should have a masters degree in computing, mathematics or other relevant discipline to advanced database work or a relevant technical qualification
A PhD or other doctoral degree is desirable but not essential for the post.
The key skill required are experience and interest in processing large complex datasets heal in an SQL database.
This post would suit an SQL developer, or someone with database and data mining skills who wanted to work in an SQL environment. Experience with health data would be preferred but is not essential; database skills are paramount.